To stand before the Divine Mother is to stand in love. Whether it be her murti, a marlo manifesting her power for the Arul Vaaku or her presence in what we call a dream, her love is always BIG and undeniable. No matter what form we perceive her in – Kali Ma, Durga Ma, Kateri Ma, Shiva Baba, Bhairo Bhagwan, Lord Krishna – her love has no boundaries.
Ekam Sadvipraha Bahudha Vadanti meaning While Truth is One, the Names are Many.
I know that many of my brothers and sisters have been raised to fear Kali Ma and many of her forms. Some of the stories I’ve heard are saddening and some are truly quite funny.
Recently my website designer was telling me a story of when she was a teen and brought home a calendar from the local west indian store. The calendar had a photo of Durga Ma on it. Already having a daily self-imposed practice to pray, she cut off the calendar part and hung the photo in the altar. When Sunday morning came along and her mother went to pray…oh this poor teen received an earful.
Her mother was upset about what she had done.
She had brought a devta into the house!
One that if you start praying to her you could never stop or she would destroy your life!
And oh no! You can’t take her out of the altar now, more trouble we would be in!
Hehe. My designer said she was so terrified from the stories her Mother told her that for the next few years, when she went to pray, she would try her hardest not to look upon this Mother’s photo. Now that she is older and has a family of her own, you can’t get her to stop talking about how great Mother is. 😀
Many of us grew up conditioned to fear Kali Ma. Many of us were raised by a generation busy with making money and building the grand life. The love of the Divine was lost to us. The guidance of the Divine was lost to us.
There are 5 truths we must always remember about the Divine Mother. These may seem new to you upon reading it below, but I promise you, you have always known these truths. They are locked away in your soul. Waiting for you to experience them.
- The Divine Mother is in everyone and everything and she is everywhere. She is the air we breathe, the water we drink and the land we walk upon. If it exists, it’s because she is part of it.
- Mother’s love and guidance is always there. It has always been there and it will always be there, within each and every one of us. Choosing to open ourselves up to that love and guidance is truly up to us.
- We all carry Mother’s energy – her power within us. For many, it goes unnoticed – some say the power is sleeping – but it does not need to stay that way. You can experience the power at a basic level and allow her to guide you in your daily decisions. You can experience the power at a higher level where you’re in service to her, helping her children. You can experience her power at multiple levels in between where you are making changes, to your life, the life of others, the world – on a conscious to semi-conscious level.
- We all have access to Mother’s power to create. To create life, to create miracles, to create happiness.
- An incarnation of our soul upon this earth, meaning this life that we’re living now, is an incarnation wasted if we do not open ourselves to experiencing her love.
Thank you for joining me today. I also want to thank you all for the wonderful emails. If you have enjoyed the articles here on RoadToShakti, I recommend signing up for the newsletter so you’ll receive emails when posts are published and also all the other insider stuff! Visit here to learn more: http://eepurl.com/bUz5C9